Our office reopens on January 21st. You can book and pay for classes online before then. All the information is there. The House and Market Coordinator Pam McGoldrick is in and out of the office throughout January and can be contacted via email in that time. firstname.lastname@example.org
In 2020 we have a number of new initiatives starting.
- Fourth Wednesday of the month will be our welcome morning tea. An opportunity for people who are new to the town to learn a little more about the community groups, where to go and what there is to get involved in. For instance did you know that you can join the whaleboat rowing crews?
- REPAIR CAFÉ—coming soon. Port Fairy’s first Repair Café is coming! We will be looking for tinkerers, fixers, menders and supporters in January, and aiming to start during the 3rd weekend of February – details to be come. Repair Cafes are completely volunteer run, and aim to mend household items rather than sending them to landfill. A Repair Café involves sharing of knowledge, helping one another, and extending the life of our stuff!
- Children’s clothing swap – February 22nd will be a time to exchange quality children’s clothing with others.
- Folk festival market – The Community House will be running a market over the Folk Festival weekend. This is new to the organisation but as experienced Market organisers we expect a great market. Potential stall holders are advised that a separate application process is involved and you must have your own insurance.
- Venue hire & office space available for short or long term hire currently vacant Thursdays, Fridays and weekends. We also have a recently installed hot desk for those who might need an hour or two in a different place to concentrate on study or work. Call the office if you would like to know more.
Congratulations to all our bread tag collectors – we have managed to gather together in one spot 115,000 bread tags this equates to 46 kilograms. They are on their way to Robe to be converted into a new product and the proceeds will go towards the purchase of wheelchairs in South Africa.
The term brochure is packed full of offerings again for body, mind and spirit. Please have a look and join one of our great activities. If you have an idea or skills to share why not get in touch. We love new ideas and having others help out.
We also welcome volunteers and are looking for a person to help out with our social media, a task that you might be able to do from home for us.
For more information about the Port Fairy Community House visit our website www.portfairycommunityhouse.com.au , call 5568 2681, or drop in through business hours. Please leave a message if the office is unattended and we will call you back.
Office hours: Tuesday to Friday – 9am to 3pm
Every Community Market weekend Saturday 7am – 12pm or email email@example.com