Sourdough Baking for Beginners Workshop
Patrick Davitt of ‘Just Loafing Around Port Fairy’
Come in and have a go at the basics of traditional sourdough bread making. The course includes a combination of discussion and practical breadmaking skills including:
- Care and feeding of sourdough starter
- Preparation and Baking of sourdough bread
What you need to bring:
- Paper and Pen/Pencil
- A small glass jar/lid (if you want to take home some live starter)
- A clean tea towel
What you’ll take home:
- The basic techniques for making your own sourdough
- Some written tips and tricks
- Your own loaf to bake at home (including proving basket/liner, dough scraper and scoring knife
Morning tea includes samples of fresh baked bread.
Bread proving basket/liner, bread scraper, scoring tool
– each participant gets these items to take home.
Flour, starter, salt and other consumables (provided by me) –
each participant gets to take home a 500gm loaf of bread ready to bake.
Saturday November 13